Midland Haven is a two-bedroom ground floor unit centrally located in your Midland Accommodation WA. It is a five (5) minute walk to all facilities. The unit is in a quiet secure gated community of ten (10) units. Eight (8) units have permanent renters or owners so guest need to be respectful within this gated community. Come stay at our Midland short stay rental.
Holidaying at your Midland Accommodation WA is all about a home away from home. It is centrally located in Midland WA. So whether you have a loved one in hospital, working or studying in the area, FIFO or enjoy shopping it is a great base for your stay. You have the convenience of train to Perth and Fremantle. or a base for visiting Swan Valley Wineries or Perth Hills and surrounding areas, then Midland Haven will meet your needs. Salesman, tradesmen and other workers are welcome mid-week while working in the Midland area.
David and Hilary Harris, owner managers, invite you and your family to relax and enjoy our Midland short term accommodation.
As part of staying at Midland Haven, you get discounted movie tickets for two adults with Ace Max Card only at the local Ace Max Cinema in Midland WA with the latest movies.
Midland Hospital Stay in our Midland holiday apartment
Great base at Midland Accommodation WA as it is a medical hub. Midland Hospital is state of the art. Old Railway Yard is being converted into medical facilities for specialists and testing. Curtain University is opening in 2019 with medical studies. Alternative medicines are prolific in Midland WA. Midland Haven is ideal stay for family and friends of patients from Regional WA that need a base while their loved one is in hospital, seeing specialists or testing or alternative medicines. Doctors and Nurses in training with 4-6 week placements then Midland Haven is ideal. Also welfare and disability agencies are in abundance in Midland if you are visiting the area.
Midland Accommodation WA is centrally located:
- Midland Hospital is just a stone throw across railway but only 1.7 km either a 17 minute walk or a 4 minute drive
- Shops, movies, restaurants and cafes are only 250 metres or a 4 minute walk
- Perth Airport is 17 minute Uber drive – approx. $20 to $25 trip (1-4 passengers)
- Midland Train Station and Bus Terminal is only 600 metres or a 7 minute walk. From here you can go north, south, east and west. Perth is only 26 minutes and Fremantle is only 47 minutes train trip. Then catch ferry to Rottnest Island for a day trip.
Your Midland Accommodation WA is only 30 minutes north-west of Perth. There is so much to see and do within an hours drive or train trip.
Swan Valley Wineries
The Swan Valley is only a ten (10) minute drive from Midland Haven but its boutique vineyards, fresh local produce and rolling vineyards make it feel like a different world. Friends and family attending weddings in Swan Valley may want to stay in Midland Haven for budget accommodation. Find more than 40 world-class wineries, 6 breweries, 2 distilleries, gourmet artisan goods, talented local artists, food and craft markets, vibrant studios and more than 40 quality cafes and restaurants. Discover the oldest winemaking region in WA, with the first vines planted more than 180 years ago! Easy drive from Midland makes it the perfect option for day-trippers. Navigate the 32 km scenic loop known as the Swan Valley Food and Wine Trail which has over 150 attractions. How slow you go, and whether you go by tour, bike or car is completely up to you.
Swan Valley is only a 17 minute drive (14 km) from your Midland short stay rental accommodation.
Ethical Food Produce
Ethical produce foodies will love the fact that we are the first and only Humane Food Region in Australia. This initiative is a regional commitment to supporting the higher welfare of animals and producing quality, tasty food straight from paddock to plate. Flavour seasonal roadside stalls and farm gates packed with produce picked straight from the backyard are in abundance in the Swan Valley. Think plump figs, sweet melons, juicy strawberries, crisp grapes, fresh asparagus and vine-ripened tomatoes. Award winning tantalise your taste buds, with top notch food at restaurants and cafes, plus wine, vodka, beer and cider at award winning establishments offering everything from fine dining to pub grub and traditional high teas.
Handmade Artisan Wares
Handmade countless artisan wares from extra virgin olive oils, specialty cheeses, marinated olives, dried fruits, honey, pickles and preserves. Treat like chocolate, fudge, truffles, ice cream, nuts and nougat. Artisans … some of the most talented artists in Perth call the Swan Valley home including Ron Gomboc, Jude Taylor and Antonio Battistessa. Rural charm we have it in tractor load. But we also border two towns offering strong diversity in the City of Swan. They include the heritage rich Guildford and burgeoning retail hub Midland.
Check out Historic Guildford in our Midland Accommodation WA
Historic Guildford was established in 1829 and classified as an historic town by the National Trust of Australia (WA). With its heritage buildings, early settlement and convict history, antique stores, character pubs and village charm, Guildford emits the feel of a bygone era. It is only a 6 minute car drive or a 10 – 15 minutes by train or bus.
The traditional owners of this region are the Noongar people. It was the fertile soil of the Swan Valley that led to the first European settlement at Guildford. Soon after the Swan River colony was established by Captain James Stirling in 1829. Blocks of land on both sides of the river were quickly assigned to eager settlers. When Guildford was surveyed at the end of 1829, 94 blocks were made available to soldiers, agriculturists, yeomen and servants released from their indentures. Captain Stirling set aside 4,000 cares for future ‘country retreat’. He named it ‘Woodbridge’ during his exploratory journey up the river in 1827.
Your Midland Accommodation WA is only a 10 minute drive or train / bus trip from Guildford.
The Swan River quickly became the first highway through the region. Guildford developed into a busy and important river port and market town until the 1880s. Much of Guildford’s original town plan, including the central church square, subdivisions and general land use, remains as it was. Thus leaving a largely intact early 19th century English market town. A visit provides a rare glimpse into early colonial settlement. Along with many fine, well-preserved civic, commercial and private buildings dating from the 1840s to the 1920s and 1930s.
GUILDFORD VISITOR HIGHLIGHTS:
- Wander one of four heritage walk trails
- Visit the Cradle of the Colony Exhibition at the Swan Valley Visitor Centre
- Stop for lunch and a glass of Swan Valley wine at the Rose and Crown Hotel c.1841
- Browse the antique and home decor shops on James Street
- Grab a bite to eat from the wide range of cafes and restaurants
- View what life was like behind bars at the Guildford Gaol c.1841, located at Guildford Heritage Precinct and the historic workers’ cottage, Taylor’s Cottage
- Find a treasure at the Guildford Markets
- Visit the impressive Woodbridge House c.1885 located on the banks of the Swan River in Woodbridge and today operated by the National Trust of Australia (WA)
- View Padbury’s Stores and Residence. Built in 1869, it was originally one of Guildford’s main stores.
Check out Perth Hills in our Midland short term accommodation
Scattered throughout the wide ranges of the Darling Scarp and only 45 minutes east of Perth. You’ll find the Perth Hills offering stunning scenery, scenic drives and vibrant villages.
While within metropolitan Perth, you’ll find the Perth Hills. Its character townships exude a country charm and views that are simply astounding. Visitors to the Perth Hills will also be impressed by the range of excellent things to do. Along with tours and accommodation to be found.
Perth Hills is only a 39 minute drive (38 km) drive from your Midland holiday unit.
Kalamunda town centre and surround region is particularly appealing with character eateries. A quaint village feel, arts and galleries and walking trails. The township offers a large and diverse range of local artists and galleries. This includes Kalamunda Open Studios, Hayward Studio and Kalamunda Modern. As well as several heritage building sites in town. A visit to the town library will reward you with views of the largest community-built stained-glass window in Australia. Visit Zig Zag Cultural Centre at the Perth Hills Visitor Centre. Learn more about the history, culture and attractions of the area. Checkout what’s on at the Zig Zag Gallery. They show a number of exhibitions throughout the year, including painting, photography sculpture and textiles.
BOOK NOW Your Midland short term accommodation STAY NOW!
Check out our other 6 Properties:
- Coal d’ Vine Cottage – Cessnock NSW
- Coal d’ Vine VIEW – Cessnock NSW
- Pether Cottage – Talbingo NSW
- Condo 105 @ Horizons Golf Resort – Salamander Bay NSW
- Growder Court 3 – Coolum Beach QLD
- Manilla Cottage – Manilla NSW
We support the following businesses: Netstripes.com that developed our web site and offer support with social and digital marketing expertise. Also NewBook.cloud who host Aussie Chillout web site. They are our booking engine and property management software.
FEATURES OF THE PROPERTY INCLUDE:
- Internet – WiFi – Netflix – Stan and Apple TV
- Air-conditioned for heating and cooling in Living Area
- Kitchen and dining area fully equipped with dining table and seating for six (6)
- Bathroom with large shower and vanity and mirror
- 55 inch Smart TV
- Main bedroom with 1 Queen Bed
- Second bedroom with two holiday bunks two single beds up top and one single bed / one double bed below. Two single foam mattresses under the bunk beds to move to living area for more options
- Living area contains a double 2.5 seater sofa lounge and another 3 seater lounge (black leatherette)
- Front Courtyard with wicker lounge and coffee table
- BBQ and outdoor entertaining area in Back Courtyard with wicker lounge and two pool chairs
- We supply all linen including sheets, pillow cases, towels, hand towels, tea towels and bath mats
Things to do
- ENJOY a picnic or BBQ, canoe or swim at Lake Leschenaultia – a top swimming hole
- EXPERIENCE the beauty of the Perth Hill’s national parks and state forests.
- GET on the Munda Biddi Cycle Trail which winds through some spectacular scenery.
- FOLLOW the Perth Hills wine trails to sample local wines, cider and produce.
- EXPLORE the Mundaring Weir Precinct and No 1 Pump Station.
- BROWSE through the region’s arts centres, studios and galleries.
- TAKE a guided spotlight tour at Karakamia Wildlife Sanctuary or ride a camel.
- PICK your own fruit (during harvest) or go on an apple orchard tour.
- WALK the Railway Reserves Heritage Trail, KEP Track or Bibbulmun Track.
- LEARN more about the colourful history of the area at the District Museum
- VISIT Mundaring
- Check-in: 2:00 PM / Check-out: 10:00 AM
- Max. occupancy: 6
- Children welcome
- Parties/events not allowed
- Pets not allowed
- Non smoking only
- No Excessive Noise between 9 pm to 7 am
- Respect Neighbours
Great location, convenient distance from shops, airport and amenities. Easy 24/7 check in and good value. Great stay. Will definitely stay again
January 21, 2021
Everything about the place was amazing! Neat and tidy, easy to find and get to, everything was is working order! Will 100% stay here again
May 31, 2018
Great, tidy, secure apartment close to a big shopping centre. Had everything we needed and more and was a great location for our needs.
May 31, 2018