The following blog has:
Things to do in Midland, things to do in Swan Valley, things to do in Guildford, things to do in Perth Hills, walking trails in Perth Hills, things to do in Kalamunda and things to do in Mundaring.
Things to do in Midland:
While staying in the Swan Valley there are lots of shops, restaurants, cafes and movies plus things to do in Midland.
- Midland Gate Shopping Centre
- San Churro Midland Gate - Home of the highest quality churros & chocolate imported from Spain
- Cale Street Restaurants
- Ace Cinemas Midland Gate
Trails, Parks and Picnics:
- City of Swan: Trails, Parks and Picnic Guide. Like the great outdoors? Check out the 16 page guide for some great outdoor walks and places to visit.
Things to do in Swan Valley:
It is only a ten (10) minute drive from Midland Haven but its boutique vineyards, fresh local produce and rolling vineyards make it feel like a different world. Find more than 40 world-class wineries, 6 breweries, 2 distilleries, gourmet artisan goods, talented local artists, food and craft markets, vibrant studios and more than 40 quality cafes and restaurants. Discover the oldest winemaking region in WA, with the first vines planted more than 180 years ago! Easy drive from Midland makes it the perfect option for day-trippers. Navigate the 32 km scenic loop known as the Swan Valley Food and Wine Trail which has over 150 attractions. How slow you go, and whether you go by tour, bike or car is completely up to you.
- Visitor Guide to Swan Valley - Guide will help you plan the perfect day out, weekend escape or holiday getaway
- Swan Valley Vineyards Map
Things to do in Swan Valley:
There is so much to see and do. From Midland it is a great base to check out the Swan Valley.
- Wine and Art off the Beaten Trail Map. Discover the location of the Swan Valley Wine & Art Trail businesses here.
- Swan Valley Cider and Ale Trail Brochure and Map. Whether you're after a pint of crafted ale, a specialty cider or an authentic brewers experience.
- Swan Valley Fresh Seasonal Produce Trail Brochure and Map. The Valley has a wide and diverse range of fresh seasonal produce for you to enjoy any time of year.
- Swan Valley Bush Tucker and Beyond Trail Brochure and Map. Before European settlement, the Valley provided substantial seasonal food sources for Wadjuk people. Taste traditional bush tucker on this unique trail.
- Swan Valley Sweet Temptations Trail Brochure and Map. Indulge your sweet tooth with a journey of world class, artisan produce handmade in the Valley.
- Swan Valley Kids in the Valley Brochure and Trail Map
- . Looking for ways to keep the kids entertained? Great selection of kid friendly venues.
- Great Swan Valley Car Rally Travel Pack. Download for a fun family treasure hunt.
- Swan Valley Amazing Valley Chase Clue Sheet. Download and get ready for a day of fun and adventure.
- Guildford and Swan Valley Cycle Brochure and Map. Load up your bikes or hire one if you prefer. Take a leisurely pedal around this charming corner of the world.
One of the best things to do is visit historic Guildford. It was established in 1829 and classified as an historic town by the National Trust of Australia (WA). With its heritage buildings, early settlement and convict history, antique stores, character pubs and village charm, Guildford emits the feel of a bygone era. It is only a 6 minute car drive or 10 - 15 minutes by train or bus.
- 2020 Guildford Map
- Glorious Historic Guildford Booklet 2020 including 4 Guildford Heritage Walk Trails
Things to do in Guildford:
- Wander one of four heritage walk trails
- Visit the Cradle of the Colony Exhibition at the Swan Valley Visitor Centre
- Stop for lunch and a glass of Swan Valley wine at the Rose and Crown Hotel c.1841. Menu.
- Browse the antique and home decor shops on James Street
- Grab a bite to eat from the wide range of cafes and restaurants
- View what life was like behind bars at the Guildford Gaol c.1841, located at Guildford Heritage Precinct and the historic workers' cottage, Taylor's Cottage
- Find a treasure at the Guildford Markets: Stirling Square Market and Guildford Twilight Market
- Visit the impressive Woodbridge House c.1885 located on the banks of the Swan River in Woodbridge and today operated by the National Trust of Australia (WA)
- View Padbury's Stores and Residence. 7 am to 3 pm Menu. Built in 1869, it was originally one of Guildford's main stores.
Things to do in Perth Hills:
- Perth Hills Tourism Map
- Attractions of Perth Hills
- Perth Hills Tours. Why not drive yourself to discover the beauty of the Perth Hills.
- Kalamunda to Mundaring Self-Drive Tourism Map. 25 places of interest along the drive.
- Kalamunda, Bickley , Pickering Brook Self-Drive Tourism Map. 35 places of interest along the drive.
- Discover & Experience the Outdoors of Perth Hills. Immerse yourself in the attractions and natural beauty of the Perth Hills.
- Perth Hills Walk Trails. Lists all the walk trails. Map links are below.
- Cycle Trails: Perth Hills. An extensive network of cycle paths and trails offer challenging mountain biking and scenic wildflower rides. Plus bike hire.
- Perth Hills Arts & Culture. Perth Hills has a large and diverse range of local artists and galleries. Come immerse yourself in the culture and discover local artists.
- Perth Hills History. Located in the Darling Scarp, Perth Hills has a fascinating history. Come discover and explore our amazing heritage.
- Wineries and Cideries: Perth Hills
- Bickley Valley Wine Trail - Perth Hills Map
- Perth Hills Cider & Brews Trail Map. Discover the location of the Perth Hills Armadale and Surrounds Cider & Brews Trail businesses here.
- Perth Hills Restaurants & Cafes. Home to many exciting eateries and coffee shops!
- Local Produce at Perth Hills. A basket of variety and delights! From local stalls on farms and orchards to our weekly farmers market. Locally grown produce - fresh and direct to you!
Walking Trails in Perth Hills:
- Camel Farm to Bibbulman Map
- Camel Farm to Hewett's Hill Map
- Bickley Reservoir Walk Trail Map
- Carmel Walk Map
- Channel 10 Tower Walk Map
- Dell to South Ledge Circuit Walk Map
- Helena Pipehead Walk Map
- Hill Street Walk Map
- Jorgensen Park Walk Map
- Lewis Road Walk Map
- Lions Lookout Walk Map
- Munday Brook Walk Map
- Rocky Pool Walk Map
- Schipp Road Walk Map
- Stathams Quarry Walk Map
- Victoria Reservoir Walk Map
- West Terrace Walk Map
- Palm Terrace Walk Map
- Kalamunda Town Heritage Trail Map
- Kalamunda Railway Heritage Trail Map
- Schipp Road: Rocky Pool Interpretive Trail Map
Things to do in Kalamunda:
Kalamunda is a great day trip for things to do in Perth Hills.
- Mountain Bike Collective Trails Brochure: Kalamunda
- Kalamunda Moutain Bike Collective Trail Maps
- Arts & Culture in Kalamunda. Includes the Performing Arts Centre, Zig Zag Culture Centre and Film Kalamunda.
- Local History in Kalamunda
- Kalamunda History Village
- Heritage Walk Trails in Kalamunda. Download the APP.
- Stirk Cottage. Visit Kalamunda’s first heritage listed cottage, with its distinct architecture & household goods made from recycled materials.
- Kalamunda Outdoors
- Kalamunda Markets. The Perth Hills offer a fantastic weekend destination that allows the public to purchase a variety fresh produce and foods direct from producers. Check out the following Kalamunda Markets: Farmers Market, Artisan Market and Night Market.
- National Parks in Kalamunda: Beelu National Park Guide and Map and John Forrest National Park Guide and Map
- Kalamunda Attractions
- Tours at Kalamunda
Things to do in Mundaring:
The region of Mundaring is best known as the Heart of the Perth Hills. It offers amazing trails, spectacular State forest, arts, history and culture - all within a 40-minute drive from the Perth city. Mundaring is a great day trip of things to do in Midland.
- Mundaring to Avon Valley Map 2020
- Swan Valley to Mundaring Map 2020
- Mundaring Tours and Attractions
- Arts, Studios & Galleries in Mundaring
- Shopping in Mundaring
- Mundaring Walk & Cycle
- Picnics and BBQs in Mundaring
- Mundaring History and Heritage
- One-day self drive through Mundaring
- Health and Wellbeing in Mundaring
- Mundaring Bakeries, Cafes and Takeaways
- Restaurants in Mundaring
- Mundaring Pubs and Taverns
- Wineries in Mundaring
- What's On in Mundaring
Other things to do in Midland:
- ENJOY a picnic or BBQ, canoe or swim at Lake Leschenaultia – a top swimming hole
- EXPERIENCE the beauty of the Perth Hill’s national parks and state forests
- GET on the Munda Biddi Cycle Trail which winds through some spectacular scenery
- FOLLOW the Perth Hills wine trails to sample local wines, cider and local produce
- EXPLORE the Mundaring Weir Precinct and No 1 Pump Station
- BROWSE through the region’s arts centres, studios and galleries
- TAKE a guided spotlight tour at Karakamia Wildlife Sanctuary or ride a camel
- PICK your own fruit (during harvest) or go on an apple orchard tour.
- WALK the Railway Reserves Heritage Trail, KEP Track or Bibbulmun Track
- LEARN more about the colourful history of the area at the District Museum
Watch this space. In the future we will do a list of things to do in the following areas: Perth, Fremantle, Rottnest Island, Hillary's Harbour, Mandurah, Rockingham and other places within a 1-2 hour drive of other things to do.
Book Your Next Short Stay Holiday Rental at Aussie Chillout:
Email David and Hilary Harris at [email protected] or call mobile: +61 414 826 439